We're a diverse group of people from the Beaufort Street community and beyond, who want to create “Positive Change through Collective Action!"
Meeting on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month over finger food, we hear from inspiring speakers, exchange ideas and connect with like-minded people. We've already been hands-on, collecting and packing toiletries for Starting Over Support and crafting and filling Xmas stockings for refugee children at Carad.
Rotary is an 110-year-old organisation and we put a progressive, forward-thinking, “2019" spin on it with our new club! Although our members so far vary in age, gender and ethnicity, we share the same principles and want to contribute our skills and time to projects and causes that excite us. We operate as a democracy – All opinions and ideas are welcome and are valued equally.
Our goal is to get stuff done…. But also have fun! Join us at a meeting – Check out our Events Calendar for upcoming dates.
Positive Change through collective action..
view our strategic plan…
What we've done so far..
- Held a Bogan Bingo fundraiser and raised $6722
- Raised $3430 for Greenbatch, WA's first plastic reprocessing plant
- Cooked breakfast at Ronald McDonald House
- Collected soup & socks for people experiencing homelessness
- Donated the cost of 200 vaccinations to End Polio Now (A long-running Rotary International initiative)
- Sponsored a refugee student from Cyril Jackson College to attend a leadership program
- Collaborated with Cahoots on a panel discussion featuring Jane Caro as keynote speaker
- Supplied CARAD with pantry essentials for refugee and asylum-seeker families living locally in Perth
… and lots more!